Church (Igreja) Saint Antoine and Retirement Home Guimarães / Portugal description:
These buildings are owned by the Brotherhood of Our Ladies Mercy (Misericórdia). This
brotherhood was founded at the beginning of the 16th century.
On May 31, 1588, they posed the first stone of their hospital and church, where they
settled in 1606. Howoever, that's not the building on the pictures here.
The brotherhood owns several buildings and churches in Guimarães.
The Saint Anthony's monastry of the Capucines was bought
by them in 1842.
We think it's used as home for the elderly.